🇳🇴 Stad Ship Tunnel (Norwegian: Stad skipstunnel) 🇳🇴
The Norwegian Coastal Administration - Kystverket is to build a canal and tunnel to bypass the Stad peninsula in Stad Municipality in Vestland county, Norway. The peninsula is one of the most exposed areas on the coast, without any outlying islands to protect it from the weather. The section has traditionally been one of the most dangerous along the coast of Norway.
● Length: 1700 meters
● Height between bottom and ceiling: 50 meters
● Width between the walls of the tunnel: 36 meters
● Sailing height: 33 meters
● Area of cross section: 1661 m2
● Volume extraction solid rock: Approx. 3 million m3.
● Equivalent to approximately 8 million tonnes of blasted rock
● Estimated construction costs: Approx. 3 billion NOK
● Estimated construction time: Approx. 3-4 years
#construction #engineering #norway #development #infrastructure #tunnel