€165bn National Development Plan 2021-2030 launched
This is the largest National Development Plan ever delivered in the history of the State - €165 billion - with a particular focus on priority solutions to strengthen housing, transport, healthcare and job growth in every region and economic renewal for the decade ahead.
In addition, Ireland's refreshed National Development Plan has a clear push for more PPP (public-private partnerships) projects.
The new document outlines plans for a review into the model, to see where and how disincentives to use PPPs can be removed where they may offer greater value for money.
Infrastructure projects include:
- The funding commitment of €360m for the development of walking and cycling infrastructure all over Ireland, including in towns and villages as well as rural Greenways.
- Completion of investments at Dublin Port, the Port of Cork and Shannon Foynes Port, in addition to the completion of a new parallel runway for Dublin Airport.
- Enhanced retrofitting programme of 500,000 homes to BER B2 and the installation of 600,000 heat pumps, 400,000 of which will be in existing homes by 2030.
- EirGrid’s Celtic Interconnector project between Ireland and France, which includes a fibre telecommunications cable.
- The Rural Regeneration and Development Fund, and the National Broadband Plan.
- Housing, including an average of 10,000 new social homes and 6,000 affordable homes each year.
- Protection and renewal of National Roads.
- Water and wastewater infrastructure projects including the Eastern and Midlands Water Supply Project, the Greater Dublin Drainage Project.
#infrastructure #transport #water #publicprivatepartnerships #ports #PPP #construction
15/11/2022 01:01:47 pm
Law force mention degree point guess both student. Usually increase yard now federal with save. Use near their knowledge wish.
Leave a Reply.