🇳🇴 NORWAY - €350MM contract for the world's deepest and longest underwater road tunnel 🇳🇴
The 2nd of 3 major Rogfast contracts has now been announced.
The contract includes the northern part of the main tunnel, which will be built as a 9.2 km long two-lane tunnel with a cross section of 2xT10.5.
- Now we are ready to take the next big step to build the world's deepest and longest underwater road tunnel. This is the second of three contracts worth more than NOK 3 billion. The E04 contract starts at Bokn in North Rogaland and goes halfway towards Kvitsøy.
- In length and size it is similar to E03 which we announced last year. The interest in the previous announcement showed that many national and international entrepreneurs are ready to join the Rogfast adventure. We hope the interest in this is just as great, says project manager at the Statens vegvesen - Norwegian Public Roads Administration, Oddvar Kaarmo.
Facts about E04:
● Construction E04 main tunnel north, will be built as a 9.2 kilometer long two-lane tunnel with a cross section of 2xT10.5.
● The tunnel will have concrete elements in the wall and ceiling.
● 12 technical buildings, 6 pumping stations and a number of smaller structures will be built in the tunnel.
● Portals, one technical building a day, a bridge, a culvert and 1.4 kilometers of four-lane road a day and 1 kilometer of local roads will be built.
● A total of five sea embankments will be established in the Haugaland district, where most of the stone from the tunnel will be placed. Three of the fillings must be plastered.
● To be completed in 2033
● The contract form is a unit price with pre-qualification and negotiation
The client's estimate for this part of the Rogfast project is NOK 3.5 billion
Rogfast is part of the ferry-free E39 and will be 26.7 kilometers long when it is completed in 2033.